The changes made this week concern our API, which now supports the compression of XML and JSON files, the product header which now displays the different kinds of available non-retail prices and carts within B2B portals which have received a usability update.
API & Export
From Monday, 16.12.2019 in the evening, the endpoints of the ITscope Product API will also support compressed transmission (“Content-Encoding: gzip”). From that point, all clients sending requests with the HTTP header “Accept-Encoding: gzip” will receive the XML or JSON response compressed with gzip. Browsers already set the header by default. However, if you retrieve XML/JSON via the product API or product exports with other clients, you can save traffic with the following settings:-
- curl: Use “curl –compressed” to compress the data and extract it immediately.
- wget: wget -q -O- –header=”Accept-Encoding: gzip” <url> | gzip -cdf > export.xml
- For other clients, please refer to the documentation on how to set the Accept Encoding header in the request.
The use is optional. However, in case you make a lot of requests or download large XML or JSON exports , we would appreciate it if you use compression. This will also speed up the transfer.
Suppliers & Prices
- The product header now features the non-retail prices in their specific sub categories (bulk, refurbished etc.).
- The price calculation table containing the price rules has received a visual overhaul.
- Order sent to the distributor Conrad will now be sent to their EDI system.
- Bytec Bodry Technology GmbH, Vikings Tech Group A/S und Biurteksa UAB have been added to ITscope.
- Orders can be sent to Bytec now.
- Proprietors can now specify whether the SKU and EAN are visible to portal customers.
- The ability to share collections was moved to the action menu.
- We made sure that the adding of non-retail products to carts selects the correct wares.
- It is now possible to create new carts directly from the header bar.